Improving Quality of Life for Adults of All Ages
The Human Factors and Aging Laboratory focuses on understanding the fundamentals of human behavior in the context of technology interactions. Our research engages older adults in projects related to healthcare technologies; design for aging; technology acceptance; aging-in-place; technology training; human-robot interaction; and aging with perceptual, motor, or cognitive disabilities.
- Thank you, Afnaan & Adam!Thank you to our Community Academic Scholars, Afnaan Afsar Ali and Adam Syed, for all the work completed this summer! Afnaan and Adam worked with the Stretch team and our community partner Clark-Lindsey this summer and finished their internships […]
- Congratulations, Renato!Postdoctoral research associate Renato Azevedo recently received the prestigious American Psychological Association (APA) Briggs Dissertation Award. This award is presented for the best doctoral dissertation in applied experimental/engineering psychology. Renato also served on the Applied Experimental and Engineering Psychology […]
- Research Trip to Hello RobotLab Director Wendy Rogers and Postdoctoral Research Associate Samuel Olatunji recently traveled to California to meet with the Hello Robot team. It was a wonderful trip advancing human-robot interaction research.
- The National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Aging)
- Enhancing Quality of Life for Older Adults with and without MCI through Social Engagement over Video Technology [R44 AG059450]
- The National Institutes of Health (National Institute of Nursing Research)
- Improving Hypertension Medication Adherence for Older Adults [R01NR018469]
- The Administration for Community Living, National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research, Rehabilitation Engineering Research Centers