Improving Quality of Life for Adults of All Ages
The Human Factors and Aging Laboratory focuses on understanding the fundamentals of human behavior in the context of technology interactions. Our research engages older adults of varying abilities and experiences in projects related to healthcare; design for aging; technology acceptance; aging-in-place; training and instructional support; and human-robot interaction.
- Wendy named to BOHSI boardLab Director Dr. Wendy Rogers has been selected to serve on the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine Board on Human Systems Integration. Congratulations, Wendy!
- Congratulations, Renato!Congratulations to HFA postdoctoral research associate Dr. Renato Azevedo as one of the 24 recipients of the Mistletoe Research Fellowship by the Momental Foundation. This professional development program awards research grants to postdoctoral fellows and advanced PhD candidates as… Read more: Congratulations, Renato!
- Congratulations, Megan!Congratulations to Megan Nickrent on her promotion to Assistant Lab Director. Megan has previously worked as our Lab Coordinator and has been at our lab since 2017. Her new role includes a wide range of duties such as conducting… Read more: Congratulations, Megan!
- The National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Aging)
- Enhancing Quality of Life for Older Adults with and without MCI through Social Engagement over Video Technology [R44 AG059450]
- The National Institutes of Health (National Institute of Nursing Research)
- Improving Hypertension Medication Adherence for Older Adults [R01NR018469]
- The Administration for Community Living, National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research, Rehabilitation Engineering Research Centers